CNS conference travel grants are available for eligible students!
If you have already applied to a conference for a student travel grant and were turned down, all is not lost! Take that rejected application and send it to the Center for Networked Systems- you may still be able to go.
- Apply for a travel grant to the conference that you are dying to attend. If you get it- congratulations! If you are rejected, move to step 2.
- Forward the rejection notice and your application to Kathy Krane at firstname.lastname@example.org. Eligible students will be granted a travel budget to cover ground transportation, airfare, hotel, meals, and conference registration. (All expenses must meet CNS travel guidelines: https://cns.ucsd.edu/students-travel.shtml).
- If you are awarded a travel grant, contact Jennifer Folkestad (email@example.com) as soon as possible to plan your trip.
- Attend your conference!
- Return receipts to Jennifer Folkestad for reimbursement.
- You must be a CNS student (i.e. your faculty advisor is a CNS faculty member).
- Both M.S. and PhD students are eligible.
- You must apply at least three weeks prior to the start of the conference.
- You must follow CNS travel reimbursement guidelines ( https://cns.ucsd.edu/students-travel.shtml). Ineligible expenses will not be reimbursed.
- Rejections for late applications for conference travel grants are NOT eligible for consideration of CNS grants.
- Grants are awarded based upon availability of funding.
Questions? Contact Kathy Krane at firstname.lastname@example.org.